Product Management Meets Pop Culture – The Podcast connects you with today’s thought leaders in product management. No. No, wait. That’s Product Hunt Radio.
For better or worse, Product Management Meets Pop Culture – The Podcast is something else entirely.
In this companion piece to the world-famous PMMPC blog, we review movies, music, and other pop culture ephemera and use them to explore product management concepts in thoughtful and, hopefully, entertaining ways — all in 10 minutes or less.
This product management podcast is fast and playful, with insights into today’s trends and best practices. And your feedback is always welcome.
You can listen to the podcast here or download the audio files through:
Show notes for each episode are available below.
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi – We review Star Wars: The Last Jedi and look at who makes the better Product Manager: Kylo Ren or Luke Skywalker. The answer may surprise you.
- Episode #10 – Public speaking advice culled from the horror parody film Stan Helsing.
- Episode #9 – Resident Evil: Afterlife 3D, the cultural importance of zombies, and the three-letter question that will help Product Managers achieve clarity.
- Episode #8 – Durarara, Crunchyroll, and Dan Ariely’s thoughts about the psychological effects of options pricing.
- Episode #7 – Iron Man 2; and the similarities between Tony Stark, Frank Perdue, and you.
- Episode #6 – Plastic Beach; and how a product manager could help Gorillaz think through their next album.
- Episode #5 – Freaks; what Facebook and Google really think about your privacy; a product manager’s role in online privacy matters.
- Episode #4 – Special Valentine’s Day show: Planet Hulk; Frisbees; emotional value propositions in b2b; poetry.
- Episode #3 – The Xbox Live Arcade game SHADOW COMPLEX; the new book WIRED TO CARE: how customer empathy can help drive your business forward.
- Episode #2 – The supernatural thriller Legion; Minimum Viable Products; a new strategy for developing Hollywood blockbusters.
- Episode #1 – First (and worst) episode!
Be Sure To Check Out These Other Product Management Podcasts
- This Is Product Management – Produced by Alpha UX, this podcast focuses on specific topics rather than general interviews. Episodes can be filtered by topic, audience, industry and more.
- Rocketship.fm – Interviews with startup founders and product professionals sharing the secrets of their successes.
- Yours Productly – Interviews with product leaders from across the world. Guests are asked to narrate case studies where they solved specific challenges as product managers.
- StartUp – Episodic series about what it’s really like to get a business off the ground. Hosted by Alex Blumberg, former producer for This American Life and CEO/cofounder of Gimlet Media.
- The Advanced Selling Podcast – Insights for Product Managers about how decision-makers perceive products, how pricing affects sales, and related topics. Specifically for PMs? No. Invaluable to PMs? Absolutely.
- 100 Product Managers – 100 Product Managers began with a mission to interview one hundred active product managers in Los Angeles — from startups to enterprise. Hear from PMs from companies like Venmo, Expedia, Dollar Shave Club, and more.
Archive – where we pour one out for the podcasts of yesteryear